The Carlton Keighley uniform is:
• Black Carlton Keighley blazer.
• Black Carlton Keighley jumper (optional).
• Black school trousers or appropriate length school skirt.
• White shirt.
• Carlton Keighley clip-on or knotted tie.
• Plain black socks.
• Plain black shoes.
• Lanyard & ID card.
You may wear a plain black hijab to school. You may also wear a plain black shalwar kameez under your blazer and over your shirt and tie.
The Carlton Keighley PE Kit is:
• White Carlton Keighley polo shirt.
• Plain black tracksuit bottoms.
• Black Carlton Keighley hoodie
• Plain black sports socks.
• Shin pads (where applicable).
If you wish to wear a hijab for PE, it should be a plain black sports hijab
Take pride in your appearance and remember that whenever you are wearing your uniform you are representing the academy.
• Wear your uniform safely. Backless footwear, trainers, jewellery (other than a small watch and single pair of plain studs), false eyelashes and false nails are not allowed and will result in a sanction.
• Wear your uniform smartly. Shirts should be tucked in, belts should be plain, skirts should be knee-length, hairstyles should be natural and make-up should be discreet. There is to be no lines in hair or eyebrows of any kind. Hair colour must also be of natural colour.
• Wear your uniform professionally. Jackets and outdoor clothes must be removed on entering the building.
• Blazers may be removed (with your teacher’s permission) once in the classroom.
• Blazers and full lanyards are to be worn at all times when moving around the building to identify you as a student at Carlton Keighley.
• Failure to wear the correct uniform will be sanctioned.
If you arrive at the academy without the correct uniform, you will be allowed to borrow spare items from the Head of Year.
You will receive a detention and must return borrowed items at the end of the day. If you refuse to borrow a spare item you will be placed in the BIR until parents/carers bring the correct uniform to school.