Can I apply for free school meals?
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income threshold of less than £7,400
If you are an Asylum Seeker, you will need to apply directly to the school or contact the Access Team.
How to apply
Bradford Council can tell you straight away if you qualify.
Please note, you may not be able to apply online if you fall into these categories:
- if your child attends a school outside the Bradford area – apply to the local authority where the school is
What if my circumstances change?
If your circumstances change or your child changes school you need to tell the Free School Meal Team as your entitlement may change.
Parent/Carers might find the following pages useful: